porno molfIt’s ridiculously yummy, so very refreshing, AND loaded with ingredients that help protect your skin from sunburn and free radical damage from UV rays.
porno molfAs we’ve discussed before, certain foods?— particularly those rich in antioxidants and/or with potent anti-inflammatory properties?— help protect the skin from the free radical damage caused by UV rays.
This “Hello, Sunshine!” Juice is jam-packed?with these skin-protecting foods, which is why it’s included in my new book Glow: The Nutritional Approach to Naturally Gorgeous Skin…
- Watermelon?— rich in the antioxidant lycopene,?which has been proven to provide long-term protection against the effects of UV radiation
- Green tea?— several studies have found that the catechins in green tea protect skin cells from the oxidative dress and damage from UV exposure (one even concluded that green tea prevents non-melanoma skin cancer by enhancing DNA repair)
- Strawberries?— rich in the antioxidant vitamin C, which protects the catechins in green tea, making them 5 times more powerful once they’re in your body*
- Lime?— also rich in the antioxidant vitamin C*
*BONUS: Vitamin C is also necessary to build collagen, the supportive protein in the skin that keeps it smooth, supple, and youthful-looking!
This is a featured recipe from my new book Glow: The Nutritional Approach to Naturally Gorgeous Skin
- 1 tbs organic loose green tea OR 3 organic green tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups hot (not quite boiling) water
- 1 lb fresh, seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 strawberries, hulled
- 4 large mint leaves
Brew a strong cup of green tea by pouring the hot water over the tea. Let the tea steep for 3 minutes (any longer and it will be bitter), then strain out the leaves or remove the tea bags. Put the tea in the refrigerator (or freezer if you’re trying to serve the juice ASAP!) to cool.
In a high-speed blender, puree the watermelon, adding the fruit until the juice reaches the 2-cup marker on the blender.
Once the green tea has cooled, add it to the watermelon puree in the blender along with the lime juice, strawberries, and mint leaves. Blend until smooth.
Serve over ice and enjoy!
Want more skin-loving superfood recipes?
My new book Glow: The Nutritional Approach to Naturally Gorgeous Skin is now available! You can learn more and order your copy here.